In early June we had our first garage sale. I calculated that this was our 6th move (7th if you count my move from Cambodia) in our 10 years together. Moving is actually quite healthy because it always ignites a major purge of unused stuff, usually to Goodwill. But this time, we had so much stuff that I knew I just had to have a sale. Dan made incredible signs that you could see from miles away, Simon and our neighbor Rich had a lemonade stand, our good friend Judi Dawson helped manage the kids while we managed hagglers, we sold almost everything and in the process met several new neighbors. We took all the leftovers to Goodwill that afternoon and all our stuff that had previously rendered our garage unusable was now totally gone and it felt SO GOOD!!
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Garage Sale
In early June we had our first garage sale. I calculated that this was our 6th move (7th if you count my move from Cambodia) in our 10 years together. Moving is actually quite healthy because it always ignites a major purge of unused stuff, usually to Goodwill. But this time, we had so much stuff that I knew I just had to have a sale. Dan made incredible signs that you could see from miles away, Simon and our neighbor Rich had a lemonade stand, our good friend Judi Dawson helped manage the kids while we managed hagglers, we sold almost everything and in the process met several new neighbors. We took all the leftovers to Goodwill that afternoon and all our stuff that had previously rendered our garage unusable was now totally gone and it felt SO GOOD!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment