CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Simon's first purchase


So we were at Target and Simon saw something very important from his seat in the cart (the big part) and he directed me to STOP! TURN AROUND! BACK UP! PULL ME OVER TO THAT SIDE! A knight helmet and sword that was essential to his happiness. (Yes, I do love how imaginative he is and I was secretly so glad that he wanted dress-up toys rather than a dumb battery-operated something) but I just couldn't justify such a random-no-reason-because-I-want-it-purchase. Lately we've been giving him coins for doing jobs around the house and he's really into his piggy bank. So I told him we could count the money in his piggy bank and see if he had enough money and if he did, he could go back to target and buy it himself. So yesterday afternoon we learned about sorting pennies, dimes, nickles and quarters and lo and behold he had enough money, so Dan took him over there to bring it home (He gets all the fun stuff :) ). Now if I could just it together to have a consistent "coin system" and job chart we'd be in business!

No comments: