Dan is in Africa visiting several countries learning about their ideas for building a railroad from the port in Tanzania to Rwanda and Burundi. He's also in the early stages of pulling together the financing for this little project. He's got a good team of people with whom he enjoys working and each one adds worlds of experience to this venture. He's also really excited about Project Rwanda, which includes the Rwanda Mountain Biking Team who is off to a great start for their 2nd year of professional racing on the world stage.
I, Elisabeth, am working part-time at an Emergency Room near our home. It is a good job for this stage in life because I can set my own schedule each month, it is easy to take off a week or 2 or 3, I'm 10 minutes from home, and I can usually find someone to pick up my shift if something comes up. All that being said, ER medicine is not my "thing"; I am learning a lot and I enjoy it, but it doesn't get my heart pounding like my previous job. But that's the beauty of being a PA because I change back to HIV medicine later when it fits better with our family. Most of the time, I get to be with my precious little Simon.
Simon has had a lot of firsts lately and he just keeps getting more and more fun:
- He's finally got enough hair to get it messy.
- He had his first protest while I attempted to leave the park and take him away from his beloved slide.
- He walked all the way across the front yard today without falling once.
- He gave me something when I asked for it AND came when I asked him to.
- He just got his first pair of big-boy shoes.
- I was raking the lawn and he dug his hands into each pile of dead grass/leaves and spread it out all over.
- We had the windows down in the car this morning and he had his hands in the air, his hair blowing in the wind, a wide-open smile and he was singing "ooooooooh!" enjoying the wind.
I'm not sure I can figure out how to upload photos, so I'm going to try that now!
No comments:
Post a Comment